Sunday 3 March 2013

The Endeavor

With a few weeks left until the next Term test, I'm nervous. Proofs are definitely hard to master if one doesn't practice. Just doing or even attempting to read the material will give me more confidence to do some proof even at the basic level. Such as the one in the tutorial, I should keep note of a few important proofs so I can figure out to do some proofs with some facts I can use such as k and the natural numbers in the lecture. I guess what causes me such confusion in this concept is the actual proof itself; I'm amazed how people can think of some steps in a proof where in the end it nicely goes through the process. Doing the outline is normal and does make sense since we start from a vague idea and then start breaking it down in steps which the professor did a good job displaying in the lecture. Currently on the curriculum of complexity, it actually is an interesting concept to look at by following up through code. Just making equations to determine the run time of code is interesting.

The firm, the enduring, the simple, and the modest are near to virtue. -Confucius

No comments:

Post a Comment